North West Cichlid Group.

North West Cichlid Group.

Postby Evvo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 am

I paid my subs at the NWCG auction last summer. Last week I received my January newsletter (the first correspondence I have had). It talks about a busy year that I think I missed. An AGM in January that I didn't know about but a belated apology for not attending, the only one it would seem. I thank the newsletter secretary for his/her apology and confirm I didn't receive them. The events and publicity secretaries were absent but had nothing to report. However, the monthly club nights were kept secret from me and from the balance sheet I find I missed the Christmas club night buffet. Back to the balance sheet I fond that somehow there was a payment for stationary, I assume that was the January newsletter but since the membership secretary says there are 20 paid up members I think over £17 to post out a 2 page newsletter is a bit OTT. I did knoe about the March auction but unfortunately I missed the due to a family commitment, I found out about it from the Aquarist classified site. I understand there has been a change in the club night venue, unfortunately I don't know where it was or where it is now and there is a discussion night this Thursday, unfortunately I didn't know where it is or about last months. I will complain about not knowing any more details about the Chester Zoo trip after the summer when I find its been and gone without me having any more details. One last thing, I am not looking forward to contact the group about the upcoming annual meal in case I am asked for any membership details as I don't have any. It seems like they took my money and forgot all about me. This is probably not the way to raise these points but I don't have any other contact details other than facebook that I avoid with a passion.
Evvo

Forum Member

Re: North West Cichlid Group.

Postby ste12000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Im very sorry to hear about your bad experiences, i used to be a member of the Northwest cichlid group but no longer bother for the reasons highlighted above.

The committee are all really nice people and i was out with the President and chairman last night. But they are not very active in doing much with the club, the large auctions are excellent and attract a lot of hobbiests but the club nights, newsletter and effort leaves a lot to be desired.

If you local to the NWCG why not consider a trip to Bamber bridge on the first tuesday of every month, Preston and District aquarist society are one of the largest and most active groups in the country, we get 50+ members at most club nights and invite interesting speakers, have a large auction and raffle and generally have a great time in the company of fellow hobbiests.. Anyone is welcome to attend. Details can be found here..

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9833

Im also going to start a new thread with lots of pictures from last nights meeting.. Ill post a link here if you like?
ste12000

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 0

Postby Simon Morgan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Ste, (or anyone else reading) can you give Evvo some contact details for NWCG?
Simon Morgan

BCA Member

BAP Points: 1
BCA Membership Number: 14

Postby ste12000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Simon Morgan wrote:Ste, (or anyone else reading) can you give Evvo some contact details for NWCG?

He has received a newsletter (Albeit a bit late) that should provide contact details for the committee.
ste12000

BCA Member

Postby ste12000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 pm

A few pics from last night.. viewtopic.php?f=72&p=46332#p46332
ste12000

BCA Member

Postby Evvo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 pm

ste12000 wrote:
Simon Morgan wrote:Ste, (or anyone else reading) can you give Evvo some contact details for NWCG?

He has received a newsletter (Albeit a bit late) that should provide contact details for the committee.

All I can find is an email to confirm attendance at the annual club meal. There is also a phone number to leave a message, again regarding the meal. Andrew (webmaster) also contacted me with the above email address and I emailed yesterday morning.
Evvo

Forum Member

Postby Bill Jones » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Evvo wrote:I paid my subs at the NWCG auction last summer. Last week I received my January newsletter (the first correspondence I have had). It talks about a busy year that I think I missed. An AGM in January that I didn't know about but a belated apology for not attending, the only one it would seem. I thank the newsletter secretary for his/her apology and confirm I didn't receive them. The events and publicity secretaries were absent but had nothing to report. However, the monthly club nights were kept secret from me and from the balance sheet I find I missed the Christmas club night buffet. Back to the balance sheet I fond that somehow there was a payment for stationary, I assume that was the January newsletter but since the membership secretary says there are 20 paid up members I think over £17 to post out a 2 page newsletter is a bit OTT. I did knoe about the March auction but unfortunately I missed the due to a family commitment, I found out about it from the Aquarist classified site. I understand there has been a change in the club night venue, unfortunately I don't know where it was or where it is now and there is a discussion night this Thursday, unfortunately I didn't know where it is or about last months. I will complain about not knowing any more details about the Chester Zoo trip after the summer when I find its been and gone without me having any more details. One last thing, I am not looking forward to contact the group about the upcoming annual meal in case I am asked for any membership details as I don't have any. It seems like they took my money and forgot all about me. This is probably not the way to raise these points but I don't have any other contact details other than facebook that I avoid with a passion.

Thanks for the Feedback, always appreciated even when it isnt very objective or accurate. Nothing to do with the NWCG is deliberately kept secret but as you rightly say there was a lack of newsletters for 2012. I understand you joined the club for the 1st time in July 2012 and I understand your disappointment with this and while you apologise for raising this on a public forum you went ahead and did it anyway without contacting us first. The emails and phone numbers you mention in relation to the upcoming club meal are standard methods of communication and you certainly would not have been ignored if you had rang or emailed. Can I ask why you complain about a chester zoo trip that hasnt happened yet and something we have given plenty of notice of? I also guess you are not familiar with the stationary costs of running a successful auction. You paid £6 to join the club and would have received a free tub of tetra fish food that cost more than this, you and your significant other have also been invited to the annual club meal which will cost £20 and because we were so sorry about the lack of newsletters last year we rolled over membership to this year. You would have also been invited to the chester zoo trip in the summer. Not bad for £6. As I have emailed you.....a check will be in the post for your £6.

Steph
Bill Jones

Forum Member

Postby Bill Jones » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 pm

ste12000 wrote:Im very sorry to hear about your bad experiences, i used to be a member of the Northwest cichlid group but no longer bother for the reasons highlighted above.

The committee are all really nice people and i was out with the President and chairman last night. But they are not very active in doing much with the club, the large auctions are excellent and attract a lot of hobbiests but the club nights, newsletter and effort leaves a lot to be desired.

If you local to the NWCG why not consider a trip to Bamber bridge on the first tuesday of every month, Preston and District aquarist society are one of the largest and most active groups in the country, we get 50+ members at most club nights and invite interesting speakers, have a large auction and raffle and generally have a great time in the company of fellow hobbiests.. Anyone is welcome to attend. Details can be found here..

http://britishcichlid.org.uk/phpBB3/vie ... =72&t=9833

Im also going to start a new thread with lots of pictures from last nights meeting.. Ill post a link here if you like?

Appreciate the 'nice people' comment Ste......can you please pm me through Bill's account with regards to your other comments.

Steph
Bill Jones

Forum Member

Postby Andrew W » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm locking this thread before it becomes something it shouldn't.

Andrew
Andrew W

BCA Member

BAP Points: 1
BCA Membership Number: 102

Return to North West Cichlid Group