Postby JaloMan » Mon May 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Dam cake eaters lol!!!!
JaloMan

Forum Member

BCA Membership Number: 0

Re: South West Cichlid Group

Postby dw1305 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi all,
I think if we were loosely Bristol based this would allow people to exchange spare fish, plants, food cultures etc as well as having a bit of a social, it would also mean people could get there via public transport.

As there aren't many of us, the problem is that we are spread over a wide geographical area, but if we all knew other people with similar interests, we could help one another. I've ferried fish from Warminster to Bristol via Bath, and people have collected fish for me from Pier etc. and I retrieved them from Bristol.

For example if a member was Swindon based, they might not be able to make it the to meeting, but I could go and collect something for them (from another member in Taunton/Devon/S. Wales etc) from Bristol, and then they could retrieve it from me (I've got tanks at work and at home), cutting the travelling down.

One of the problems I had when I kept A. trifasciata and A. borelli, was that I didn't know many people locally or which shops might be interested, or belong to the BCA etc and I ended up in a situation where I bred a lot of fish that "nobody" wanted, and I ended up giving them away.

cheers Darrel
dw1305

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 267

Postby gibbo156 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm in
I've voted
gibbo156

Forum Member

Postby Fats » Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm

ApistoNut wrote:Dam cake eaters lol!!!!

Sorry but i do like cake..haha
Fats

Forum Member

Postby fred.manby » Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm in. (No idea about SA cichlids, though).
Fred
Read about the mad shed project
fred.manby

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 26

Postby JaloMan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

We all love cake :) no matter what kind or type of cake, its kind of like fish!!! :p

If you walk down the road and see a tank through someones window your telling me your not gonna have a nose to see whats lurking in the water, same as cake if you were offered cake you would eat it :d

Well we will be a all in cichlid group not just SA so join in guys... And why did you give away your borellis I would of bought the lot :d
JaloMan

Forum Member

Postby Fats » Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 pm

ApistoNut wrote:We all love cake :) no matter what kind or type of cake, its kind of like fish!!! :p

If you walk down the road and see a tank through someones window your telling me your not gonna have a nose to see whats lurking in the water, same as cake if you were offered cake you would eat it :d

Well we will be a all in cichlid group not just SA so join in guys... And why did you give away your borellis I would of bought the lot :d

Dont get me wrong im all for a SW fish group..as far as im concerned there cant ever be to many fish groups..so stop banging on about it and do it..hahaha
Nah seriously go for it and good luck and with the bca backing im sure it would be a success.

Ian
Fats

Forum Member

Postby JaloMan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm

problem is... i dont have the time to run a group so i do need the help but i have the enthusiasm to start it lol. I work around 60 hours a week and have 2 young boys and beautiful fiancee to adhere to. I do hope it takes off!!
JaloMan

Forum Member

South West Cichlid Group

Postby CharlieAndy » Tue May 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Put a auction on locally, cheap membership, people would turn up, if you build it they will come ha ha
CharlieAndy

Forum Member

Postby JaloMan » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 pm

It will be a voluntary club no fees it makes it easier for all us to buy sell and help eachother down here
JaloMan

Forum Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West Cichlid Group