No votes
No, We have enough groups
No votes
Whatever, Lets just eat cake
10%

Total votes : 29

Re: South West Cichlid Group

Postby SimonD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm

So surprising the little interest we have on here from the South West!
Before i halted my fish room in the summer last year, I sold to many local (Ish) enthusiasts from around the south west. People traveled 2+ hours to collect their fish.
Maybe many just haven't been made aware of this forum, or that they are just shy?
Post if your an active keeper of the cichlid within the side if the country, and what you keep/breed.

I currently have 11 tanks active after a house move, more to follow in good time. I have have kept and bred dwarfs, anataboids and tetras for about 5 years.

Cheers
Simon.
SimonD

Forum Member

BCA Membership Number: 0

Postby timbothediver » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi, I live in South Wales, but yes I would be in. There is nothing else around here that I'm aware of??

Tim
timbothediver

Forum Member

Postby Simon Morgan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm

The member who started this thread hasn't visited the forum since June. However there may still be some interest in the South West and South Wales areas.
Hopefully the locals will respond here but you might want to ask on our facebook page as well http://www.facebook.com/groups/112406608791025/
Simon Morgan

BCA Member

BAP Points: 1
BCA Membership Number: 14

Postby chris h » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

I would love there to be a viable south west group and I would certainly want to be involved, however I don't myself have time to do much on the orgainisation front. Normally IMO these things need one or two individuals to really drive them. In the absence of this prehaps a few more people might introduce themselves with a little bit of info on fish kept, breeding and ideas for a group.
My name is Chris and I live in Swanage, Dorset. I am just in the process of getting my first fish house up and running. It will have 3 large tanks and eventually a dozen small to medium sized tanks. I have been in and out of the hobby over the years but my main interest has always been cichlids, with a strong leaning towards central americans and apistos with a slice of hemichromis on the side. I am also keen on killies.
I currantly only have two tanks running so I will be on the lookout for breeding stock over the next couple of months. Is anyone from the South West going up to Redditch in the spring ?
chris h

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 284

Postby trumps » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm form Somerset, so this would be good as I'm not aware of any decent breeders or keepers by, plus I might be able to move some of my f1 fry that I have growing on :clap:
trumps

Forum Member

Postby Simon Morgan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Lee, bit of an old thread I'm afraid. You might be interested in the Southern Counties group which has a meeting in March.
Simon Morgan

BCA Member

BAP Points: 1
BCA Membership Number: 14

Postby Nitrivec » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Simon Morgan wrote:Hi Lee, bit of an old thread I'm afraid. You might be interested in the Southern Counties group which has a meeting in March.

Lee, as Simon has mentioned, the BCA are running a southern convention on Sunday 16th March 2014, held in conjunction with the Southern Counties Cichlid Group who also hold their own informal meetings from time to time. Will be posting an event flyer on here soon, but feel free to contact me for details sooner if you are interested. Last year it was a great event and despite a flurry of snow on the day we still filled the room. We had Wolfgang Steack give two really interesting talks as well :)
Nitrivec

Forum Member

BCA Membership Number: 376

Postby chris h » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:17 am

trumps wrote:I'm form Somerset, so this would be good as I'm not aware of any decent breeders or keepers by, plus I might be able to move some of my f1 fry that I have growing on :clap:

Hi lee
What fish do you keep and breed. I currantly have nic. and borrelli fry on the go.
chris h

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 284

Previous

Return to South West Cichlid Group