Society Update

Society Update

Postby cools32 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Just wanted to provide an update on the Lincolnshire Society, and also thank The BCA for allowing us to have a section here. Thank You!

I started the new Lincolnshire Society back in August 2011, after being amazed there wasn't such a society in a county as large as Lincolnshire. As a kid growing up in the North West, (where in the late 1970's each and every one of the old mill towns had its own fishkeeping club), I used to attend monthly meetings, where members would talk about and display fish. Fast forward 30 odd years and there I was looking for a Lincolnshire Society that simply didn't exist. For once, I decided to try and do something and change that. After a few adverts on Aquarist Classifieds and an appearance on BBC Radio Lincolnshire to talk about the society, we had out first meeting on the 27th September 2011.

Unfortunately we ran into some trouble over Christmas when our web host, and society member pulled the plug on our society website, over a disagreement with another member. That was a shame, as I had spent literally hundreds of hours trying to get the website running, and it was beginning to grow very well.

We are looking to try and get the website back online under a new host but I guess things are never that easy, as I am still waiting for the 'promised' back up files to do this.

Hopefully, we will get them, and we can re-launch our society.

In the meantime, we have a Facebook group, and a link for which is in my signature.

Alternatively, if anyone would like to learn more about the society, please send me a PM on here.

Finally, I would like to thank Peter Clarke, and Jamie Horne (two friends of the BCA and both heavily involved in the Chesterfield and Sheaf Valley societies respectively), who provided me with plenty of support and encouragement when trying to get the Lincolnshire Society going.

Thank you again to the BCA for allowing us our own space on here.

Best Wishes

Mark Cooling
Lincolnshire Aquarist Society
Follow the 'Lincolnshire Aquarist Society' on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/259904194037353/
cools32

Forum Member

Re: Society Update

Postby peterclarke666 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:53 pm

thanks for the mention mark :) always nice to hear and im glad you got the logo you wanted aswel .... guy is a good graphics artist lol but fingers crossed that you can get the website up and running soon as tbh to many people use facebook groups instead of proper dedicated sites like mine, yours and the bca website as apparently after a bit of market reseach and questionaires somehow its easier and more convenient to use facebook ..... i dont know how it drives me crazy with the amount of crashes and changes they do on it ... plus anyone can make up a group these days on facebook .... so lets see that website of yours back into action
peterclarke666

Committee: Publicity Officer

BCA Membership Number: 182

Return to Lincolnshire Aquarist Society