That sounds like a cracking set up, can't wait to see the build coming together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chester18

Forum Member

BCA Membership Number: 0

Re: On with last fish house build

Postby eartheater3298 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Mark,
just got back from a caravanning expedition, so back on with build. I'm going to get the large tanks stand done first the 2 X 66 tanks next, then the rest after. I've been down this morning to get some more wood, it's going to be 14 3x2 uprights, and using 4 x 1 as cross members, with 1 inch plywood to box the ends in. Hopefully have it done by end of month.

I'm looking forward to getting the big tank set up, once the filters running it should be quite amazing to see.

Now starting to make some attempt as to what will go in there, its all good stuff

Graham
eartheater3298

Forum Member

BCA Membership Number: 928

Postby chester18 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Sounds like a terrific plan Graham and should be a great spectacle. Will be interesting to see what stock u go with mate. Happy times

Mark

chester18

Forum Member

Postby Darren Evans » Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 am

More tanks more fish - love it
Regards

Darren Evans
Vice Chairman

Next Events

July 15th - At Park Hall Hotel, Chorley nr Wigan - speakers George Turner (BCA President) and GRAHAM Ash

Oct 21st - Oak Hotel, Hockley Heath, Solihull - speakers Dr Julia Day , GEORGE Farmer
Darren Evans

Committee: Vice Chairman

BCA Membership Number: 10

Postby eartheater3298 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:31 am

I'm getting exited, it's less than a month now to my new tank arriving. I've about finished the 10 ft stand, and also the other ten foot stand for the 18 inch wide tanks,

I've also been looking into a automatic fill up system; I was camping last week, went into a Norfolk Broads caravan retailer, and low and behold they sold water mains fill up systems, hose, connectors, ball valve, all that's needed for under £20, so I bought one, and it all looks good, the ball valve is quite small, when compared to a household one, it's only about 6 inch long by around 4 inch diameter, but looks ideal, all I need to do now is buy another diamond drill, so that I can drill the sump tank for the inlet, outlets already done. I reckon this is going to be a good system.

On with fish selection, I've decided I would like C.cincta, S.lilith,R.lapidifer and U.fernandyepetzi for the 10 ft tank then Teleoci hla and A.thomasi or altispinosa for a 4ft x 24 x 30 ins. The 66 ers, U.amphiocanthoides , A.heckelii, and one of the spangled Crenicichla in one, the other, H.psittacus, with C.Cametana or C.jegui, and lastly in a 4ft, C.regani with I.adoketa.
That little lot should be quite a challenge, plus of course I've a quarentine tank, just in case.

How's that sound to all of you ? I am also considering getting Red or green festae , but where to put them !!
eartheater3298

Forum Member

Postby chester18 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Graham
I getting excited for you mate and it's not even my set up Sounds like a great plan Graham and will look fab when it's done

Will have to come over and have a look when you all finished and see it in the flesh, it should make things a lot easier for you having an auto top up. All the Daemons and Heckelii doing great

Would like to see pics if possible mate as you go along step by step

All the best

Mark

chester18

Forum Member

Postby eartheater3298 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 am

Hi Mark,
thought I had replied to your last question but obviously not. I'm hoping to get my first tank in today, the first larger 10 ft comes later, let me explain.

I've decided, eventually, that I will have 2 X 10 ft x 24 x 30 ins tanks, one down each side of the garage, then a last tank, measuring 9ft x 24 x 30 , across the bottom where the main door is, I will have 2 X QT tanks about 24 x 24 x 30 in one end of the 2 X 10 footers.

I'm doing it this way, so that I can keep and hopefully breed, three of the larger pikes, I'm looking at C.acutirostrus, C.cincta, C.marmoratus, C.jegui and C.Cametana, 3 of these.

Included in with each set of pikes will be S.lilith, C.kelberi, H.psittacus , Uaru, Retroculus etc.
obviously availability will be based on what's about, I can feel a trip to Holland /Germany coming up.
All the tanks will be soft water, with variant ph levels.
I don't want loads of fish, but would like to try , some special ones (to me).
Graham
eartheater3298

Forum Member

Postby eartheater3298 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Well, it's been a good morning, got a 66 x 15 x 18 and a 48 x 15 x 18 back onto their stand and will fill them with water this afternoon, and get the filters running again.

I will then use that water in those tanks to start filling the new large tank which comes next month.
Once that's in , it's save pennies time, to buy the second of the 2 X 10 ft tanks I want.
going good
eartheater3298

Forum Member

Postby eartheater3298 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 am

Well, the plans of mice and men eh !!
After setting up the two tanks as previously described, someone comes up offering a trio of Satanoperca leucosticta and a pair of Geophagus "winemilleri ", plus a local mate offers me a female 8 inch Crenicichla lenticulata , now how can I refuse that lot ? So now safely esconced in my large tank they are.u
eartheater3298

Forum Member

Postby eartheater3298 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Looks as though that last message didn't go through, but never mind.

Anyway, the first of the 10 ft tanks has arrived, we got it in ok, 3 of us. It's now got sand and bogwood in, and is awaiting me fitting some baffles into the sump tank and fixing that up,
total gallonage on the two tanks is
sump , 292 liters , 77
Tank, is 375 gallons

So I've got a fair bit of water there

I'm away camping, for a couple of weeks after this week, so when I get back it will be all go
eartheater3298

Forum Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Fish House