All change at the BCA...

All change at the BCA...

Postby Mark Breeze Microman » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 am

Firstly I would like to Thank Darren for his time on the committee as both secretary and chairman and also his better half Emma who was always there, working hard behind the scenes,to ensure the conventions went smoothly. Dont think you will get away that easily though... Im sure there will be jobs for you both at future conventions and auctions.
I would also like to Thank Trevor Greenfield for his help as secretary amongst other things.

At the AGM on Sunday I was voted in as Chairman, a role I thought that I should step into after being the former vice chairman and the longest serving committee member at some 10 years or so, along with Roger our Treasurer. I can also now confirm that Ian Fuller (Longstanding Ex CSG Chairman and President) has offered his services to help with the organising the events, this is a real coup for the BCA because Ians experience and contacts within the fishkeeping world will no doubt be of great benefit to the BCA. Expect some changes in the way BCA events are run over the next year.
We also have a new Membership Secretary, Steve Wood has kindly stepped into this role for the forthcoming year, Welcome aboard Steve...

We also have a name change on the committee with the former Webmaster position being changed to Technical Officer, James Studdart is continuing in this position as is Peter Clarke (Publicity Officer) and the ever present Roger Sleet as Treasurer.

I think the priority over the next few months is to get the BCA Website back up and running, James and I will liaise on this. This will no doubt help bring new members into the BCA and I hope to get membership levels back up to somewhere near the 150-200 mark over the next couple of years. Peter will also be working hard to promote the BCA across Social Media and also in the Aquatic journals and magazines, good Publicity in this day and age is a must which also helps to increase membership levels...
In my other position as Cichlidae Editor I will also be making a database of BCA members and either send out Cichlidae direct via email or simply notify members via email every time Cichlidae is published. This is due to the fact that members had to go looking on the Forum to see if Cichlidae had been published and as a result the number of members downloading the journal was on the wane.
As I said earlier the way BCA events are run will also change in the near future, Ian Fuller will be working hard to make our events as fulfilling and interesting as possible.
We also have Graham Ash working very hard in a non committee position, Graham is revising the BCA IPs (Information Pamphlets) on over 175 different cichlid species. This is a mammoth task that i will be liasing with Graham on. Thank You Graham...

So all in all its going to be a big year for the BCA which will hopefully improve our standing in aquatic circles. With your help the BCA can only grow to bigger and better things.

Thank You,
Mark...
To occasionally commune with Nature, absorbing into oneself some of her tranquil moods, her sober teachings and artistic temperaments will react wholesomely on the human system.
F.J.W. Plaskitt.
Mark Breeze Microman

Committee: Chairman

Re: All change at the BCA...

Postby dano1311 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Will keep an eye out for the changes afoot, hopefully they will be enough to temp ex members and attendees like myself back to the BCA.
dano1311

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 161

Postby Darren Evans » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Dano - I had personally asked you mate what was the problem in you not attending events but you would not talk to me about it. This is a problem when you are on the committee if people don't say why they are not happy we can't fix it mate
Regards

Darren Evans
Vice Chairman

Next Events

July 15th - At Park Hall Hotel, Chorley nr Wigan - speakers George Turner (BCA President) and GRAHAM Ash

Oct 21st - Oak Hotel, Hockley Heath, Solihull - speakers Dr Julia Day , GEORGE Farmer
Darren Evans

Committee: Vice Chairman

BCA Membership Number: 10

Postby dano1311 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Darren Evans wrote:Dano - I had personally asked you mate what was the problem in you not attending events but you would not talk to me about it. This is a problem when you are on the committee if people don't say why they are not happy we can't fix it mate

My comment above was a generalized comment, Mark has said he hopes to get membership above 150-200 members and changes are afoot, my comment was i hope the changes will bring more people like myself back to the BCA and attending events.

It wasnt a dig at yourself Darren or the BCA in general.
dano1311

BCA Member

BCA Membership Number: 161

Postby Darren Evans » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Dan you miss understood me mate - we need people to come forward it's one reason I stepped down as chairman

Every committee want to increase membership - but if there is people like yourself that is unhappy about something which you indicated to me your were - we need you to tell us what we are doing wrong or what has upset you then the committee can work to put it right.

Last year we had no feed back from the members not one - the committee needs that feed back to progress the group if you want to talk more I'm sure you have me on Facebook or pm me - the committee need to know everyone's thoughts
Regards

Darren Evans
Vice Chairman

Next Events

July 15th - At Park Hall Hotel, Chorley nr Wigan - speakers George Turner (BCA President) and GRAHAM Ash

Oct 21st - Oak Hotel, Hockley Heath, Solihull - speakers Dr Julia Day , GEORGE Farmer
Darren Evans

Committee: Vice Chairman

BCA Membership Number: 10

Return to BCA Announcements